March 11, 2010

When it rains, it pores, and when it pores in Florida, we get tornado warnings

Thats right, there is a tornado in progess just a couple miles from Ocala. Today has been a good day? I would say no. I go to school thinking its just another stormy day with wonderfull lightning! (Ocala is thunderstorm capitol of the world after all!) Within two hours of being at school we were informed by the today show that OCALA is under a tornado warning! We skipped past the watch part and went straight to the warning! It got exciting! The rain was poring and it was my first real natural disaster!!
After a few moments of excitment I turned back to the TV just to see Al Roker show a live clip of the storm!! I saw the swirling of the dark clouds and i freaked! All of a sudden we could not leave our class! We were trapped! They shipped in some lunch from the surrounding schools, (because we dont have a lunchroom) and we ate inside! Not so bad right? WRONG! I ended up buying my free lunch consisting of Penut Butter and Jelly, Sun Chips, and Chocolate Milk! The chips were great, the milk was delicious, but the sandwich was frozen!! It was completely unbelieveable! After a bite or two the cement like penut butter did not satisfy my hunger. An idea popped in my mind and i headed down to the Teachers Lounge! The teachers who loved me heated up my food and it wasn't so bad after all!
After lunch i tried checking out, but failed becuase they did not allow it with the bad weather! Go figure.. So here I am now, sitting on the computer, trapped at my school, wondering when the tornado will shut off the power, causing me to lose my work:) As long as my truck doesn't get scratched!

On the contrary, I have a phone interview tomorrow for Lockheed Martin. I am going to be an intern! I can't wait!

Oh! while typing this blog post i overheard many of the conversations of people walking by.. the list includes

"I hope Gator Nationals won't be canceled!"
"This water will be great for going mudding this weekend!"
"I was in a tornado once, it totally took down my house, ya i jumped out the door just in time!"

Hmmmm.. some odd people! I guess I missed the part about them being worried of their families:)
Don't forget to Vote in my poll!
Over and Out..

3 comments:

dream quilt create said...

Wow, what an exciting natuarl disaster....you better hurry home because the pool is about to overflow! Glad you are so charming to the teachers and that they were able to save your lunch. Don't take Silver Springs home, it is flooded out. No one is allowed out of school, so do you want me to take you a sleeping bag? BTW, who voted in your poll?????

Brinkley said...

Oooooo a post finally! It's definitely been awhile!! Thanks for freaking me out today!

George Denton said...

Sean...you slay me!